KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
Heroes' Day - Jesse Gordon Up until about... 95% this book was a 5 star one for me. The author obviously has some storytelling skills. Monica was an awesome, kickass character. I enjoyed every bit of her story. The world was interesting amazing and somehow so timely, even though it was written 4 years ago.Then the ending came and it felt like such a copout. Seriously, Gordon, take this book off the market and finish that ending. You built and built until the climax point and then just BAILED??? WTH?!I'm still going to give this book 4 stars because I loved it so much until that point, but that ending, and the disturbing "afterword" section about demons and "rape" was disturbing enough (along with the mention of a dream sequence in the book -thankfully only a sentence long) that I can't give this book 5 stars, even though I desperately want to.If the author ever finishes that ending, this book would be sooooo fantastic! Seriously, so freaking great! Probably one of the best indie books I've ever read, in fact. Until about 95% this book was going to my indie pick of the year. So sad. Really sad about that right now.