KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
The Princetta - Anne-Laure Bondoux This was an odd book, which I was somewhat prepared for, seeing how it was originally in French and translated by the nice lady who did Cornelia Funke's books.What did I think... well, the first half of the book felt very rushed. No descriptions, no meaty filler, just a lot of jumbled and stilted plot and dialogue. The second half of the book takes such an odd turn, (seriously, I won't spoil it in case you decide to pick this book up, but it is WEIRD) that it almost seems as though it is a different book. I mean, WOW. And again, there is not enough description or plot to keep me going. I essentially skimmed the last 100 pages to see where the characters would end up.The very last part of the book is so far out of left field I was staggered. People are gone, they come back, a kingdom decimated, it comes back, villains come back and leave and come back, and holy crap, it was weird.Maybe it makes more sense if you're French, but I would have loved to see this as a SERIES, more fleshed out, more loveable characters, and less of a hodge podge plot. It's like she just sat down and threw a bunch of stuff together and stuck it in a cover with a title.