KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
Matchmakers 2.0 - Debora Geary This is the story of Mick, former guppy studier and current employee of MatchMakers.com —a local South Carolina company that matches up their customers based on a fancy computer algorithm. Obviously, computers don't always work. Which is why the company then sends the profiles to their crack team of professionals who use their wits, education and the occasional coin flip to figure out who goes with who.This is a charming story, filled with multiple snappy comebacks and witticisms that reminded me a lot of the dialog from Gilmore Girls, without the endless drama. The characters are interesting, the story moves along well, and the ending is perfect for a "novel nibble". Overall, I would recommend this novella to anyone wanting a short story to get them through a long line at the DMV, etc.There's just one thing. Just one little thing that kept this story from being a 5 star for me. There are NO descriptions of what the characters look like. Seriously NOT A ONE. I get that this is a novella. I get that any descriptions there are would be short and to the point. But come on... not one eye color, height, weight, hair color, nose shape, mouth size, etc. to be found in the ENTIRE story. I thought I was going crazy at first, so I went back and double checked it. I read the whole thing again and sure enough, not one. Cute is the best description you're gonna get, people. I haven't read the other books of hers, but frankly, it makes me afraid to fork out the cash for a NOVEL. I need character descriptions. Now, I went back and read every review of Matchmakers 2.0 (there are 73 of them) and no one else commented on this issue, so I guess I'm in the minority here. But if that kind of thing is a big deal for you, then you might want to take this novella with a grain of salt.