KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
Shadowed Ground (The Chronicles of Nowhere #2) - Vicki Keire This will be one of my two reluctant 5 stars today. Why reluctant, you ask? Well, it's certainly not a flaw in the writing or the characters. I continue to enjoy the story, as well. What I just can't get behind is the length of these novellas. THEY SHOULDN'T BE NOVELLAS! As a long time reader, if you ask me, "Would you rather have short and sweet and quick" or "wait a long time, but have a truly fleshed out book"... EVERY SINGLE TIME I will tell you to make me wait.I want the whole experience. I want all the words and descriptions. I want the fullness that a good author has to offer.That is the problem here. Vicki Keire is an AMAZING author, but these books are a shallow representation of that fact. When you are a great author, people don't want novellas, they want novels. Otherwise your fans might feel cheated. I didn't pay for these two, I got them for free, so it wouldn't be fair for me to feel cheated. But somehow... I still do.Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go back to waiting for the third in the Gifted Blood series.