KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
Seraphina - Rachel Hartman I spend a lot of time thinking about audience. As in, who is the intended audience for this book? When writers write and intend to publish, they are writing for a certain spectrum of readers. In the case of Seraphina, I think that Hartman's intended audience is ME. If I could give this book higher than 5 stars I would. It will certainly end up a member of my hard copy book collection.First of all, I loved Phina. I loved her because she has the same issues as most teenagers, but instead of the normal eyerolling "I'm not pretty" angst, we got the thoroughly understandably I'm half hated dragon, half hated human problem. I love the challenges she faces and her interesting choices in how she deals with them.I love that she and her love interest get together because they have common interests and backgrounds! Not because they feel compelled by some star crossed , but because they genuinely enjoy each other's company. And Kiggs is like my favorite hero ever.In a lot of ways, this book reminded me of Fire, by Kristin Cashore. The main characters have similar self-hatred and similar love stories. The worlds are enthralling, fascinating and imaginative. This book left me with such regret over its ending. I wanted to read more and more and I can't wait to read the next book. I just hope that it doesn't take as long as the first one did to get published. :)