KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
The Gathering - Kelley Armstrong I don't mind a slow build. In fact, as a lover of epic fantasy, I'm kind of used to it. I do, however, expect SOMETHING for my patience.Loved this book overall. Loved Maya, Raph, and Daniel. Loved their families. Loved the town atmosphere.Enjoyed the slow ramp up of action interspersed with bits of drama here and there. What I did NOT love... the ending of this book. No, I don't care about cliffhanger endings (except when I can't get my hands on the sequel right away, drat!). This ending wasn't a cliffhanger though. It was just like... oh, yeah, I'm gonna end it here. Like a freaking episode of Lost or something. I'll be honest. The writer in me was expecting that big reveal. And there was none. The only reveal in this book was 3/4s of the way through (when really I expected THAT type of reveal to be 1/4 of the way through, honestly.) When I got to the end of the book and got NO big reveal, it just fell flat for me. Not great. I mean, this book had so much going for it, but the pacing was just not working because a reader expects some kind of pay off for all that effort, you know?I will hang with a book I like until the bitter end if I get the pay off. I did not get it here and I feel cheated. I will read the next book though, because I'll have to, to see if what I guessed for this book is what happens. I'll be damned sure to wait until all the books are out though. Sheesh.