KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
Troll Or Derby - Red Tash *I got this book from Amazon for free, as advertised by the website "BookBlast".I seem to say this so much, but when you're as eclectic a reader as I am, you MUST often say, "This book is not for everyone." And believe me, it's not.There is some violence, some vile descriptions, rawness, roughness, and lots of rednecks. However, I really enjoyed this book and it once again reminds me how when indie books are done well, they are a wonderful addition to writing culture at large. Tash is quite the original mind, let me tell you. This book reminded me of a Holly Black book I once read, because that book too wasn't afraid to get down and dirty with fairy tale land. I don't think if I sat down to write for several hundred days I would ever think to combine fairies, trolls, roller derbies, rednecks, Amish and rock & roll. Despite its rough and tumble nature, I was enchanted by the obviously lesbian protagonist (which would never happen in the traditional publishing industry) and her quiet and unassuming best friend Harlow. I'm so thankful that Tash took a chance and published this book herself, because the loss of it would be a crying shame! If you like to read fantasy and fairy tale turned on its head, this is THE BOOK FOR YOU! Strap yourself in and enjoy the rocky ride!