KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
Scarlet - Marissa Meyer Oh, I did love this book. I liked it better than Cinder by a long shot, simply because I didn't feel like we were being led down the rosy path of a fairy tale plot this time around. I won't spoil it, but the red riding hood theme is pretty much in name only.Cinder still gets a lot of face time in this book, but Kai not so much. Which is a bummer, but I see things ramping up in the next book.What I like about Meyer is her characters. Even the shallow ones, like Carswell, are still so well described that I can picture them clearly in my mind. Love his character.I also love how well she mixes the world building in with the plot. So nicely done.What I didn't love this time around... the relationship between Red and Wolf. I won't deny it was hot. I loved his character a lot. Like a lost puppy.But the accelerated relationship didn't do it for me. There was no talk of love in Cinder. Attraction, yes ma'am, but not love. If they had kept to attraction and walked that fine line with Scarlet and Wolf, I would have been a lot happier. It wasn't horrid. There was no talk of the world ending if they had sex or how their souls were meant to be one the instant they came in contact with each other. Still, it put a chalky taste in my mouth when I wanted to enjoy all the yummy goodness.Can't wait till the next one comes out, though! Can't come fast enough for me!!!