KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder
The Duchess War - Courtney Milan "History is so disappointing, isn't it? I mean, all these women being so repressed all the time. In fact, it would just be so cool if I wrote a book about a reformer who would want to change all that bad nasty history stuff."Oh lord. I like sassy female characters and I like reformers, but is there really anything wrong with writing a book that has characters who are actually normal? Like Austen did. Like Heyer did. I'm not complaining about this book overall. Overall, I really loved it. I thought the duke was so endearing and sweet. I can see that Milan has a thing for vulnerable men, which is an interesting twist for historical fiction. A nice twist. Refreshing, even.Her main characters are well fleshed out, her secondary characters are pretty darn good, too. She's got the plot and pacing all figured out (being a longtime author, you can tell she's got the practice).In short, I devoured this book and loved pretty much every bite. Now if Milan could switch it up with the male characters, I would like her all the more.