KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder

Fever Crumb

Fever Crumb - Philip Reeve This book gets a 4 star for the world alone! Fantastic, imaginative. I love a world where there is no electricity and yet empty cell phone cases floating around. And where "Cheesers Chrice!" is a reference to a long gone god. hahahaThis book really should have gotten a three, however. Why you ask? Well, for one thing the characters are shallow and not really likeable. Even Fever herself, who should be a shining beacon in her time, moves between cold and hopeful, and not in a good way. The story moves so quickly we don't get a proper look at the other characters: Wavey Godshawk, Charley, Bagman Creech, Prof. Crumb. Very disappointing. It's really hard to keep a story going when the characters are so limited and that is the case with this book.I rarely say this, but Fever Crumb needed a LOT of fleshing out. This is a fantastic and intricate world, and yet there is no time to take it in, because the story is sped through so quickly. There are at least 2 plot reveals that happen mid-book that should not happen until the end. And that is where I think the author does himself a disservice. This single book should really be a trilogy of 3 or so, where the world, the characters and the plot are appropriately described. As for the fact that there is a sequel... I might read it, but I'm pretty ambivalent at this point.