KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1)

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles Series #1) - This book has all the elements of one of my favorite Kdramas:Super Hot Asian Prince? Check!Lowly Commoner who catches his eye and won't leave his head? Check!Evil Annoying second lead female who seeks to keep the two main characters apart? Check!Cute and sassy best friend of main character girl? Check!Surprise Birth Secret revealed near the end? Check!Someone dying of a terminal illness? Check!I think the only one missing in this story is "girl disguised as boy" to make the whole thing truly kdrama worthy.Man I loved this story. It's been so long since I've picked up a book that I could. not. stop. reading. And sure, I guessed pretty much all the plot twists ages before they happened..."Wait, she has a foot that is way too small? I wonder when that will make an appearance?""Everyone's looking for the Moon Princess? I wonder who that could be?""Oh, look at that discarded dress! How handy!""Wow a car that is the color of a pumpkin."And so it went. Still, what do you expect when you read a RETELLING of probably the most famous fairytale in existence? Anyway, I'm used to guessing what happens next. As long as the story is good I don't mind the predictability.My only personal criticism is how very, very cringeworthy some of the moments towards the end were. Does Cinder have to be THAT badly treated? *sigh*What a creative, fun, and fabulous story! So sorry I have to wait so long for the next one.