KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder

Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures Series #1)

Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures Series #1) - I actually finished this last year, but whatever.There are a lot of elements in this book that might annoy some of my favorite reviewers. Super special girl who doesn't want her powers. Super fast love that cannot be. Oh yeah, and one of the characters will DIE if the two teenagers have sex. *cue eye roll*But, despite some of those things, and the slow in places plot and the predictability, I found myself really enjoying this book.I've thought a lot about why, and the only explanation I can come up with is the narrator. I freaking loved Ethan's POV. I thought the authors did a great job making him FEEL real and like a boy. Really, I loved his character so much, it carried a lot of the ridiculous aspects of this book for me, like the over the top witch hunt at school.In the end, I would probably read the next book in this series, which I assume there will be, given the open ended nature of it. I also hope that the cousin gets a story, too.