KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict

Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict - Laurie Viera Rigler There are so many elements I expect from a book I read, but the most important aspect is being able to at least relate to the main character. In this I found Laurie Rigler's book a huge disappointment. I've read books like this before, where a woman from our time is stuck in another time period, but this is by far the worst rendition. The main character is not only unrealistic and unlikable, but she is also not even remotely a Jane Austen addict. A true Jane Austen addict would take time and effort to not only understand Jane, but the time period and setting in which her life and books take place. This character, Courtney, seems more attached to the "Hollywood" version of Jane Austen, than the true poetry of her books. And in one telling scene of the book, Jane Austen herself shows honest abhorrence for the main character. That is what I felt myself, during the reading of this book. The beginning was abrupt, the characters annoying, and the ending was so fumbled and hastily written that when I reached the end, I actually looked forward -thinking that the book could not possibly have ended yet. Horrible. Jane Austen would never read or write such rubbish.