KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder

The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1)

The Alchemyst (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel #1) - I was unsure about reading this at first, as it seemed to head down a traditional route of fantasy. Golems, wights, obvious magic. Not to mention the Philosopher's Stone. I found myself pleasantly surprised by the author's take on the magical theory of everything -you know, the rules by which the character's in the book play around with magic. It takes a lot to delight me, but I was truly taken in by the back story of this enterprising tale.My only criticism (and the reason for which I gave my rating a 4 out of 5) is that the author follows the more annoying ending to a part of a series -the cliffhanger ending. I don't resent cliffhangers as a rule, but it does tend to make the wait for the next book all the more painful. It is also unnecessary, because if your book was a good read, there is no need to make it a cliffhanger to keep people reading it. So now, I suffer along with anyone else who read and liked this book, waiting for the next edition to come out.