KateCopeseeley

Pieces of Stars

Honestly, just trying to see if this place can compete with anywhere else.

To Your Scattered Bodies Go
Philip José Farmer
Storm Glass
Maria V. Snyder

The Host: A Novel

The Host - Stephenie Meyer I love this book with an unabashed love that makes me unashamed to admit it here. I've read this book, oh... 5 times, now? The newest iteration being an audiobook that finally caused me to express my love here.First off, the book is such a good STORY. Sure, it may have its weaknesses (plot holes, annoying dialogue, etc.) but if I can read it through 5 times and still love the story, that is a good book. Also, Meyer undoubtedly improved her craft in this story, to the point where I almost wonder if it is the same person who wrote the Twilight series. The other thing I have to comment on is the fact that this book contains REALLY the only reason I can see for ever having a love triangle in a book. "What, your body loves that man? Well, the alien inside my brain loves this one." LOLKate Reading is AMAZING as a narrator for The Host. She does every voice so distinctly that I can almost see them as well as I can when I read the story. If you like this book or are even willing to give it a go, the audiobook is sooooo worth it!Happy Reading!PS- I also think this book gets a bad rap because it was written by the Twilight lady. I bet a thousand bucks if someone popular, like Beth Revis had her name on it, a bunch more people would have given it a higher rating. JMO.